The site is installed
by DALCROM. The site is maintained
by DALCROM. A site generally
consists of three tubes - these can remain in the soil for the
growing season or on a permanent basis.
Readings are taken at various depths three times per week weather
and/or irrigations permitting.
Measurements are taken using a Neutron Probe.
Same day readings/recommendations are given to growers
Data is analysed by graphing the measurements.
Records are kept and can be referenced for post harvest and/or
Growers will receive training session in interpretation of
graphs and recommendations.
BENEFITS OF SOIL
MOISTURE MONITORING include:
- Soil Moisture Monitoring determines
how much water is
present in the soil and is for real time use
- Monitoring allows timely and
efficient assessment of plant
- Avoid under or over watering;
apply irrigations at the right
time and in the right place and the right amount
- Avoid leaching fertilizers/chemicals
- Providing significant benefits
through efficient management of water; quality of product and
- Maintaining optimal moisture
- Water Use Efficiency
- Monitoring intentional moisture
stresses - RDI - where an effect is required on growth and/or
- Assessment of water use patterns;
- Correlation of water use with
plant growth; over irrigations or moisture stress
- Assessment of irrigation strategy
including system and irrigator Performance
- Trends in water use can be seen
through the profile
Want to know more
about Soil Moisture Monitoring?